Wednesday, April 05, 2006

October 2005

Source:www.audreymagazine.com

Michelle Krusiec on the Edge

In this year's AA indie film Saving Face, Michelle Krusiec plays Wil, a talented surgeon (read: Good Asian Girl) with a stereotype-smashing secret. Here, Krusiec tells us what she thinks about truth and illusion as she models fall looks that play against type. Look for the Saving Face DVD in October. See Audrey List for shopping info.

“I think Asian Americans often deny themselves or don't acknowledge their own needs for fear of losing family approval. For me personally, I am seeking not to choose one over the other, rather to find a balance between the two because my family means so much to me. Western culture places the individual as the highest priority, Eastern places the family; both are excellent values with great outcomes and I believe some kind of compromise can be met ...”

“I don't think I've ever lied to someone about the truth of who I am, but I don't necessarily show and tell everything either. I think it's a shame that sometimes, I will hold back the truth to protect myself because as an artist you're supposed to always put yourself out there. But in everyday life, I wonder if people are genuinely interested in hearing the truth and can people handle the truth all the time?”

“I think Wil represents the insecure part of ourselves which can manifest as doubt, fear, shame … When she finally pulls herself out of her own internal turmoil to listen to her own heart, I hope people are rooting for her as much as they would be for their own selves.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home